I wish I had my camera!

Today we went to the mall to get Kara some shoes for the wedding and eat lunch after church, when we saw there was a traveling circus that set up shop in the mall parking lot. I saw they had a performance that started in two and a half hours, so we did our lunch thing, found great shoes, let Kara play in the bouncy place for an hour, and went to the circus. Kara had never been before, so she had no idea what to expect. Well, we all know elephants are her favorite animal and they were giving rides out front, so she was excited. Surprisingly she didn't want to ride them, so she rode ponies instead. The circus wasn't Barnum & Bailey, it was a bit B rated, but I thought it was great. They had everything a traditional circus has - animals from tigers to zebras to elephants to dogs, acrobats and trapeze artists, clowns, motorcycles that go in the big steel sphere, and they even shot the guy out of the cannon. Kara really liked it, but it's kind of hard to impress a kid in her generation. There are so many cool things they see and are exposed to compared to kids 50 years ago. Circuses aren't amazing like they used to be. It was still a fun time and money well spent, but we'll probably wait a few years before we go again. Kara's favorite part? When they shot the guy out of the cannon AND eating cotton candy for the first time. :-)

Now it's Sunday night and we are opening the windows tonight - it's only going to be 51 degrees tonight! Tomorrow is Monday, Labor Day, and Michael is taking Kara fishing. Then Tuesday I start my new Ladies Bible Study (we break for the summer). Then Wednesday is Kara's first day of school!! It's gonna be a big week.

Comments

Vicky said…
Too bad you didn't have your camera! You should've bought a throw-away one!
jessicaday said…
I didn't see any there. I did get one or two on my phone. But I don't know how to get the pics off my phone onto my computer. :-(