What a great weekend

Friday I spent the whole day in the kitchen because I was having a party. I LOVE cooking for a large group, and I LOVE baking, so it was a great day. All my friends came over, and the theme was pajama party. :-) I made homemade sticky buns (I got the recipe off the internet and it was really good), chocolate cake (and I tried fondant for the first time), 7 layer taco dip, homemade pizza, veggie tray, fruit and cheese tray, Jessica's cheeseball, one of those pampered chef jar sauces, and puff pastry chicken things (I invented those and they were HEAVENLY!). It was good food, good fun, and we were l-o-u-d. :-) I purposely didn't plan anything to do because we all talk so much and have fun being silly and laughing. One of the girls brought her friend from work. She asked me how long we've known each other and I said, less than a year. She said it seems like you've known each other forever! It feels like that! I am so blessed to have this group of ladies in my life.

Saturday I slept in since I was up so late with the party. It was a sunny day with a cool breeze, so the windows were open and the fresh air just helped me sleep even more. :-) Then my mom called and offered to pick us up (yes we were still in our pjs at noon) and have lunch with them. We decided over lunch to make a New Year's trip to Texas to see my cousins and their kids. Those are the cousins who's mother passed away from leukemia - the one my mom took care of and we all got close to. It's just going to be my parents and Kara and I, but I think it'll be a good time. After that Kara stayed at my mom's house until bed time and I came home to spend the afternoon in the empty house alone! That breeze gave me energy to sweep, mop, vacuum, clean Jerry's cage, etc. After that I cleared out my DVR. :-) What a great day!!

Today we went to church and have been goofing off in our sweats since the weather really cooled off. Last Saturday we sweated like crazy at my sister's wedding that was in the 90s. Tomorrow the high is going to be 54. Wow.

I certainly had a great weekend. I hope you guys did too!

Comments

Kattrina said…
Sounds like a great weekend. I haven't had a good girl's night in years - none of my friends are friends because they are from differnt times in my life so I never get together with more than one or two of them at a time. Sounds like a lotta fun though!