Tantrum

I bet you thought I was talking about Kara having a tantrum. No way! I had one today. It was a doosey too! Lots of pressure on myself, lots of working hard without enough playing, and not enough time turning to God. All that plus a full moon leads up to a breaking point! After our gerbil's cage fell apart into pieces while I was cleaning it, I just could NOT get it back together. I worked for about 20 minutes and every 10 seconds I would be back to square one. After one piece fell to the floor and a decent sized chunk broke off, I decided to smash the whole thing and have a good tantrum. Of course I'm the one who had to clean it all up, but I feel much, much better! :-) Our gerbil is now in his old cage and his brain is too tiny to care. :-)

Here's to letting it out and not keeping it bottled in!!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
At least you had another cage to put Jerry in and he didn't escape! It's good for you to smash something once in awhile. =)
jessicaday said…
Thanks for the support Liz. :-) I agree. I don't run or play or exercise nearly enough, so smashing something feels good. I haven't had time to bake, which is usually my outlet. "Kneading" dough is really beating the heck out of dough.
Vicky said…
Yep! I thot you were gonna talk about a Kara tantrum, lol!

That's OK! Better to take it out on the cage rather than Jerry.....or Kara or Michael! :) I feel like smashing things every once in a while, too!
Anonymous said…
I do that every now and then too. Sometimes it just feels good!!!