What a swimmer

Kara has come so far in her swim lessons. I started her in swim lessons around 2 1/2 because my mom has a pool and I wanted her to learn to swim for safety reasons. She spent a year and a half in the same "level" just learning to be comfortable in the water. Finally, at the end of the spring, just before her fourth birthday, she made it to level 2. (Her gift is NOT physical things like sports.) Then we took some time off for the summer. (I normally let her swim so much in my mom's pool, that we take a break from swim lessons and start again in the fall.) So, after school started in September, I signed her up again. She is fortunate to have no one else in her class this time. She started the class 3 weeks ago at level two and now she can do everything in level two AND level three. I think she may skip it all together. I can't believe it!! The teacher noticed in just the last few weeks that her confidence level is through the roof! This is the kid who, three weeks ago, would sit on the edge and cry because she was scared to jump in. Now she's jumping in over and over and this time actually swims the width of the pool. Wow!!! (By the way, there is a bit of a glare and the sound is funny because I'm sitting behind a window - I'm not in the same room she is.)

Comments

Vicky said…
GOOD JOB, Kara!!
Anonymous said…
Awesome!