Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday Kara was sick. She spent too long with a cold and not eating anything so her belly was full of snot and medicine and nothing else. So she threw up. In my bed. Yeah. It took hours to clean up and take care of her. Fortunately it was just the one time and she felt amazing right after that. I guess that got all the poisons out of her little system and she was ready to eat, eat, eat. She ate three days worth of food on Wednesday. Oh, and she's been sleeping like nobodies business. At least all her sleep gave me the opportunity to read a book - the new Nicholas Sparks book - Safe Haven. It was really good, but then what Nicholas Sparks book isn't really good.

Wednesday was my day to take care of Christina. Now that she is feeling better, she was able to come to my house. Wow, what a difference! She came with me to pick up Kara from school, and I got a lot done in my own house - including dinner for my family. Then Kara went with me to bring her home and we got to see Jake for an hour or so. It was a really great day and I'm hoping to repeat it on Friday. :-)

Today is Thursday. This morning while Kara is at school I'm going to my friends house. Her daughter, Calli, has a growth hormone deficiency and the organization (MAGIC) has helped her tremendously. (Side note, my brother-in-law Tony had this same issue and is now over 6 foot tall - praise God for giving doctors the ability to help these people!!) Anyway, my friend, Jen, is very involved with MAGIC and holds a fundraiser every year (among other things). I help her organize it (just a teeny bit) because I LOVE organization and I LOVE Jen and Calli. :-) So, it's going to be another good day for another good cause.

Have a great day everyone! Who can you help serve today??

Comments

Vicky said…
You are so thoughtful and helpful! Glad Kara is feeling better now.....at your expense! YUCK!