Just another day

It's early Tuesday morning, but yesterday was Monday, which was just another normal day. When I went to work, I would often wonder what women who stayed home did all day. Especially when their kids went to school. I had visions of them staying in pjs for hours and reading books to their hearts content. I dreamed of 2 hour long quiet times and long walks enjoying nature and praying with my sweet Lord. I thought I could have time to workout every day and didn't understand how women who stayed home were overweight with all that time to exercise and time to make a fresh salad every day. Well, that's not exactly how it goes. Here's a normal day in my life:

I woke up really early because Kara isn't feeling well (she has a cold) and her throat was sore. It was about 4:45. After some water and medicine, Kara went right back to sleep, but I couldn't, so I just got up.

I went to the church at 8 to scan the checks people tithed the day before into the church's computer system. Unfortunately it was a low week, which was bad news, but I was done early. I left at 9:15 to go to my sister's house with my mom. Christina is going through some stuff and it was nice as the big sister (who's already gone through most of that stuff) to give her advice and make her feel better. I got there when she was crying and left her smiling. I don't know if it's the big sister in me, or just my personality, but it sure felt good to "fix" SOMETHING for my baby sister.

I left Christina's at 10:45 to go pick Kara up and take her to swimming. (I had to go from C's to my house to get Kara's bathing suit and make our lunches, pick up Kara by 11:30 and get to swim lessons by noon.) I ate lunch while Kara swam. WOW, she is just amazing. She is in level two, but I got her report card which said she can do 10 out of 12 things for level THREE! The other two she can do, but just isn't confident enough for them to promote her. I'm so proud of her - mostly because she was so scared for so long and so timid. Now she's a super star!

Then we came home and I put Kara right to bed for a nap. I did a load of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, washed the sinkful of dishes that piled up, and began thinking about dinner. As soon as I sat down on the couch, I fell right to sleep for about 45 minutes. When I woke up it was time to work on the laundry and start dinner.

Since my mom was coming over for dinner, I could make something a little different (knowing she likes everything). I pulled some delicious soup out of the freezer and made little puff pastry sandwiches to go along with them. It was a hit - even Michael liked them! Since I used my immersion blender on the soup, he didn't know he was eating three kinds of beans, three veggies, and boiled potatoes. All things, he "doesn't like". I love it! He said he could have soup every week if it was that good. Done! :-)

Then it was cleaning up after dinner, making beds (I washed sheets too), cleaning toys, getting Kara ready for a bath (which my mom did today). Since my mom was here, she played with Kara while Michael and I watched two 30 minute shows and went to bed at 9:30. We were ready by 7:30, but held out as long as we could. :-)

That's a normal day! Pretty full, all good stuff, but that's why I'm tired, eating on the go, and don't have time to workout!

Comments

Kattrina said…
I don't think I ever thought SHM wore their PJs all day! My mom was always busy, busy, busy.

I love the soup with the immersion blender! I did the same thing with a chicken dish - the topping/sauce had pureed carrots, mushrooms, and onions and my husband and brother-in-law licked their plates clean without even knowing that had eaten veggies!! Great stuff - I love my immersion blender.

Have a great day!
Elisabeth said…
I have one of those immersible blenders but I've only used it in drinks. I'll have to keep that in mind.
Vicky said…
I don't even know what an immersion blender is! Immersion to me means baptism, LOL! Anyway, maybe I need to check into it! However, no one in this household has any problems with veggies........and I might add that Michael didn't have any problem with veggies growing up, either! He and Nat LOVED vegetable soup! I never made it the same twice! It was a leftover's soup! If it was in the fridge, it went into the pot! LOVED it! Actually sounds like a good idea for supper.......when it cools off again!

Mom would NOT let us hang out in our pj's all day! But, every once in awhile, I do it now!

Hope Kara feels better soon! I'm surprised they allowed her to come to school with a sore throat!
Elisabeth said…
Mom, now I know why you never let us hang out in our pj's all day!! On the weekend, we only go to sleep till 10, no matter what. And that vegetable soup.....still hate it!!!
Anonymous said…
Maybe I need to check into one of those blenders. Maybe Dylan would eat more veggies that way! He's sitting on the couch right now, at almost bedtime, eating from a bag of baby carrots! I guess I shouldn't worry!! Not many kids would eat that for a snack! But he won't eat green beans, peas, broccoli, caulifower, etc.....
jessicaday said…
Yeah, Stephanie, I puree veggies in the summer (when they're in season) and freeze them in 1/2 cup portions and add them to everything I cook. If you can't see them or taste them, you'll eat ANY vegetable.