Chevys and Payless

I got a coupon for a free meal up to $12 at Chevys for my birthday.  The best part?  Michael got one too.  Since he doesn't eat there anymore, I get both of them!  Since Michael's expired sooner, I used his while I got water, free chips and salsa, and a giant tostada salad for f-r-e-e for dinner last night.  :-)

I was with a friend, and we went across the way to go shopping afterwards.  One store we went to was Payless.  They were having a bogo sale, which I love.  (Payless' bogo sale is buy one, get one half price.)

I saw these in the window and had to have them....if the price was right.


They were $24.99, on sale for $11.99.  Yep, I'd say the price was very right!  Then I saw these:


Weeeellllll, if I buy one and get the other half price, these would be only $6.  Yes please!

Then I remembered Michael whining talking about how he needed more work shoes, but had been putting it off for weeks now because he hates shopping.  When I offered to shop for him, he said, "no, no, I'll do it."  Like he always does.  The man just can NOT depend on anyone for anything.  Well, I gave him a call and said, I am literally in the store in front of your shoes, want me to pick them up for you, to which he gushed and said, "I guess."  lol!  No picture of those because they're just boring black men's dress shoes.  Full price, $24.99.  But, considering he wears them every day to work, all day, and they last about a whole year, I think that's still a decent deal.

Well, now I'm off balance.  Since I'm buying a third thing, I may as well buy a 4th thing to get it half off, right?  (I know, they do that on purpose and I just fell victim to their plot.)  So, I looked at the purses and didn't really see anything I liked.  Until I saw this medium sized bag:


The problem is, I don't like yellow.  With my pale skin, it's a color I've avoided pretty much my whole life.  The longer I looked at it, the less I cared about the yellow - I really like it a lot.  It was $24.99, on sale for $14.99, then the bogo dropped the price down to $7.49.  Pretty good!

Here's what the numbers look like:
Original cost, plus tax:  $105.96
I spent, with tax:  $53.49
I saved $52.47, which is 49.5%

No coupons, just sales.  Yes!  (I get their texts when they are giving an extra 20% off after the bogo deals, but my most recent one expired the week before.  Oh well.)

P.S.  If I take my husband's work shoes out of the deal, which are a boring, practical buy that needed to be done anyway, I got my 2 pairs of pretty shoes and purse for $27 total, with tax.  :-D

Comments

Elisabeth said…
O thought you and Michael always ate at Chevy's (which I have never had). What happened?!
jeday0323 said…
Your darling brother gets bored with things too fast. I better watch it or he'll get bored with me. Lol.
And youve had it before. We ate there in florida when we all went there on vacation. I remember pam was nursing charity at the time! Whew that was a long time ago.
Elisabeth said…
Wow! I do not remember that at all.