Tuesday, June 18th


This is my goofball husband whose bald head makes Kara's sparkly headband look even more ridiculous.  But, I don't know if I could have married someone who wouldn't think it was hilarious to put on his daughter's headband on our way home from church.

Life is pretty good here.  We're getting into the routine of school, which we are totally into all morning before lunch.  After breakfast, we get right into it and Kara is super focused.  It's great!  Unfortunately, after lunch, she has no interest.  So, since school takes about 2 hours, we're good to go!  We just can't do anything but school in the mornings, or it's just not going to happen.

Here is what we did today (minus P.E. - it's raining today):


Here she is reading about Verbs and some examples of verbs:


You can see the Nouns and Verbs posters I made:


She did really well with these.  The hardest ones are has/have/had and is/am/be.

Here we are doing bar graphs:


And line graphs:


She and I both LOVE graphs, so this was really fun and mostly a review from last year.  We haven't really learned anything new in math yet, but this is only our second week of school.

Holy moly, her handwriting isn't fabulous.  We're still working on handwriting this year, but it's pretty bad.  She loves the computer and loves to type, but hates to write.  Maybe she'll be a doctor one day?  Anyway, it says "The American Flag - there are 50 states.  Did you know?  The flag has 13 stripes because there were 13 colonies."  "The Maryland Flag - Mr. Baltimore.  Calvert family - 1st people"  The Maryland Flag, which I remember loathing drawing as a kid because it's so hard, is the coat of arms for the Calvert family (the first Englishmen in Maryland) (black and gold) and the Baltimore family (red and white).



Finally, her chore for today was to sweep the steps.  She was very good at this and it didn't take too long.  I'm proud of her.  Her chores will continue to be the things I like the least!  Tomorrow's chore:  clean toilets.


Well, we were done with school at 11:30, so we're going to chill the rest of the day.  I have chores to do, of course, (laundry, clean shower, more laundry), the company meeting is tonight, so dinner is at my house.  Fortunately my mom is cooking.  :-)  They are in the process of renting office spaces, so meetings at my house are limited.  It's been 3 years now, which was great, but I'm feeling kind of done.  Good timing, right?  I also have to work on some stuff for church - I beefed up my volunteering at church on the teller committee.  I used to just count the tithe on Monday mornings, but now I've cleared my whole day Monday so I can help work with cutting checks, etc.  Today I am working on SOPs for our team.  The challenge is to make it pretty and usable.  Boring text in a list is something no one uses/looks at.  So, I'm going to use my new teacher skills to make it interesting.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

Comments