hi


Whew.  All this heat is getting to us already.  We slept until 8:30 this morning, despite my 7:30 alarm.  Whoopsie.  It turned out not to matter - the Orkin guy forgot about us and never showed up!

Yesterday we were supposed to go to the beach, but there was weird weather - a severe thunderstorm in the morning and one in the evening.  I know, weird, huh.  The morning one was not so much severe where we lived as a dumping of rain for a good 30 minutes.  Just long enough to soak the sand.  Who wants to go to a muddy beach?  Not me.  The evening storm was much worse, which made us feel better since we canceled the beach trip.  I drove out to Lara's house instead, so we still got to have a good day together.  I sat around and talked with Lara, who's 8 1/2 months pregnant with her third baby.  Kara, Emily, and Ava ran around playing and had fun.  They had a few disagreements, giggled a ton, and had secrets, new names, and planned to start a band.  :-)

Today we went to Stephanie's house and hung out in her backyard since the weather was SO AWESOME, thanks to those 2 storms yesterday.  I came home in time to sign the papers on the mortgage refinance (hallelujah for the refinance, and praise God it's over - it was so much work!).  Then Michael and I looked at each other and said, "what's for dinner?"  So, I went out and got our favorite Italian food and brought it home.  Yummy.

Wait, I didn't mention school.  That's because we didn't do it!  Wednesday's heat wiped us out so much, Thursday we didn't want to use our brains.  Then today......why didn't we do school today?  Well, tomorrow is Saturday and we're going to do school and go to horse riding lessons.  Michael will be fishing, so we're on our own!

I've come to like Saturdays.  Michael works so hard every week and fishing is his stress reliever, so I'm sooo happy knowing he's letting it all go and having fun.  And I know Sunday is right around the corner - when Kara goes to my parents' for the day and Michael and I get our date day - out to lunch, afternoon hanging out at home, and bridge in the evening.

Well, now I'm rambling.  I hope you all have a great weekend!

Comments