School and a special upcoming trip

We accomplished a lot today.  For now we're going to do 4 day school weeks, whatever days that are convenient.  This week the convenient days were Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday.  We finished our study on wolves, and I set up an exam for her to take at the end of the week to see what she actually learned this week.  Some things she learned very well, and some we still need to work on.

Capitalizing

 function tables

 She cracked herself up writing a giant 5 and a small 4.

 We learned what summarizing is, and how to do it.  Here is the summary she wrote on our Magic Puppy book:

"A girl helps a wolf who magicly turens into a puppy from his uncle who is trying to kil him.
They spend a weekend with her perrents racing hot air ballons ."

   Oh, and we also were able to get a horse riding lesson in there.


 Kara riding Chaps - an old man horse who is super gentle, obedient, and sweet to Kara.  They're a good team.

But we just couldn't leave without seeing Strudel.  She'll always have a place in Kara's heart.  :-)

Then we came home and relaxed a little.  I made plans to go visit my friend in Alabama.  She used to live here, but she had some extraordinarily hard times, and moved back home to Alabama.  While she and her husband sought the Lord in every move they made, He fixed absolutely everything and they're doing so well now.  I've gone to see her before, and this time she's going to show me her new house they just closed on.  We're going to do some serious house warming shopping, and just relax and enjoy each other's company.  She is a person who has always been an incredibly good friend to me.  I love her so much.  I was devastated when she moved, but in this day and age, we keep in touch pretty easily.  Between texting, facebook, and visits a few times a year, I am happy to still be in her life.

Here we are crying, saying goodbye before she moved - January of last year

Here we are out to the movies when I went to Alabama back in November

I'd say I've had 3 BIG friendships in my life.  Women who mean the wold to me, who are closer than sisters, women God gave me so He could speak to me through them, women who bring me so much joy.  She is one of them.

Comments