Two Weeks Worth

We did it!  Two weeks worth of school in one week.  Since Michael was gone this week (fishing in Florida for the week), our days were super flexible.  Don't get me wrong, Michael is very laid back and it certainly not a nuisance being here, but while he's gone, there is certainly something missing.  I thought I'd fill that void with extra school!  I sure am fun, aren't I?  :-)

Some days we got dressed, some days we didn't.  Every day we did school in my bed.

 Here's my girl doing a math worksheet

My "teacher's desk," aka the other side of the bed.  :-)  Freezing cold February days make us love cozy school days with warm blankets.

Measuring centimeters...

We did 2 Phonics tests, 2 Spelling tests, and 2 Math tests, among all our worksheets and lessons.  I stuck to the core subjects:  Bible, Phonics, Reading, Spelling, Poetry, and Math.  We'll do the extra Science, Social Studies, Art, Music, etc. another time.  Those are easier to catch up on since we only do those once a week.

I'm so glad we're caught up!  I know the day we're on doesn't matter at all, but, like I said, I'd like to be done with school by May.  And catching up was necessary for staying on track.

Comments

Pam and Jesse said…
I just found out today that you were homeschooling! That's awesome! We use Abeka also.. I look and sometimes even try other things, but just haven't been able to switch to anything else yet. I'm praying about it too. I'll pray for you also. : )
Elisabeth said…
I just got on here to tell Jessica you have a blog but looks like I don't need to!:)