Night School

Kara is super into her video game, Minecraft.  It's sort of educational (the way legos are educational) and very creative.  I haven't really forced her to limit how often she plays it because she still gets school done, chores done, and she doesn't go through withdrawl every time she has to put it aside to do something else (run errands, go on play dates, etc.).  She does like to play every spare minute though.  :-)

She asked me if we could do school at night for a while.  She wants to have the day to play her game and not have me saying, we need to do school soon!  So, we set a time for 7pm and we're playing it by ear.  So far it's working out perfectly!  We DO NOT do well in the afternoons - she gets whiny and overly emotional, and I am tired and don't really have the patience for it.  We do great in the mornings, but that's the best time to run errands, go on play dates, hang out with my family, etc.  We are all night owls, (I do my best cleaning after 10pm) so I'm not surprised that Kara is alert and focused at 7pm.  :-)

So, we're enjoying our days free, our afternoons free, and not thinking about/worrying about school until 7pm - when dinner is done, dishes are done, and I've had an hour to chill first.  It's been great!  Last night we did Phonics, 3 days of Spelling, Poetry, and 3 days of Math.  All in an hour and 45 minutes.  Oh yeah, and at bed time we read from her Reading school books for about 40 minutes - 2 or 3 days worth.  Awesome!

Comments