Cooking Day

I ended up spending 8 hours in the kitchen making the following meals:

2 meals Tomato Soup w/Roasted Peppers
Corn & Cheese Chowder
2 meals Perfect Potato Soup
Crockpot Mongolian Beef
Crockpot Beef Tips with Gravy
2 meals Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken
2 Shepherd's Pies
6 meals baked ziti
LOADS of Pam's meatloaf burgers
Crockpot pulled pork sandwiches

It ended up being something like 20+ meals.  The other things on my list:

White Chicken Chili
Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki
Tortilla Soup
Beef Pastitsio
Cheddar Cornbread
Chili

I plan to make over the next few days (I bought the ingredients, after all), and freeze those as well.

It was really fun - I had a friend come over and hang out with me and drink coffee with me while I worked.  She helped bag the soup and put the meals together.  She was also my taste tester and my cheerleader - she would compliment my food and she kept saying how appreciative she was.  How awesome is that?  She joked she wanted to hire me as her family cook, but I'd love to hire her as my cheerleader who follows me around and tells me I'm awesome.  :-)

My plan was to get the more complex meals done first while I was super excited about it, then move on to the meals that just needed to be put in freezer bags for crock pot meals when I started getting tired.

I didn't take before and after pictures because I was super tired when I was done.  Well, I did take before pictures, which just looks like a full fridge and counter, but no after pictures.  And I sent the food home with my friend, so she has the before and after pictures - they're on facebook and she tagged me.  :-)  But, you can just see a full freezer, not everything laid out.

I really like the idea of cooking a ton when you're in the mood, so there's plenty of options available for you to use when you're not in the mood.  I highly recommend it and will be doing it more in the future!

Btw, tonight's dinner is the honey garlic chicken in the crockpot - I saved some of that for myself.  ;-)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
How many crock pots did you have going in order to get all that done in 8 hours? I would love to hire you as my cook as well!
jeday0323 said…
Liz, the crock pot meals are all raw. All I had to do that night was put the raw meat in a freezer bag with the sauces, then I froze them. On the day you serve them, you just put the contents of the bag into the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours (after defrosting them the night before).