Superbowl





We had our annual Superbowl party with our good friends who we play bridge with every week.  They are my best friend's parents, so they bring their other daughters (who live close to us) every year.  This year it was Stephanie and her new boyfriend, Joe.

Here was my menu:
fruit dip with apples, pretzels, graham crackers, grapes
spicy chicken wings
beef taquitos
chicken taquitos
chicken, sprinkled with chili powder, wrapped in bacon, and dredged in brown sugar
carrots, celery with ranch dip (which all go nicely with the wings)
chicken taco dip
bean taco dip
monster cookies
chocolate cake from scratch
cheeseball with crackers
apples and cheese
chips

Whew!  It was too much food, of course, but all so good.  I thought the cheeseball tasted too salty (but everyone else loved it) and no one really ate the bean dip.  The bacon wrapped chicken was a huge hit, as well as the cookies and cake.  Oh, and of course the fruit dip - amazing.

BUT, I love hosting parties and I love these people, so we had a blast.

Oh yeah, the Ravens won!  I'm not a huge fan of football, but I like it okay.  Of course I like the Ravens - living so close to Baltimore AND since my favorite color is purple.  Is that a good reason to like a team?

But it was a great game and I was happy they won.  I was nervous if they lost people would make a huge deal about it being just because of the power outage.  People can be such babies sometimes, can't they?   Anyway, they won and the power outage didn't matter.  :-)

Comments