Jane of all Trades

Something I like about my life right now is that I'm able to do a lot of different things every day.  Sometimes it frazzles me, but on a day like today, it makes me feel complete.

I started the day at Bible study.  Kara came for just the first 10 minutes before my mom came to pick her up and watch her for me.  She stayed long enough to bow her little head while we prayed and then we talked about our first day of Bible study from last week.  We were talking about our blessings and I asked Kara to share with the table what her favorite blessings are God gave her.  She said, "all the people in my life."  Good answer, little one!  Bless her sweet heart.  After she left, I took off my mom hat and put on my Jessica hat.  I just got to be me.  Bible study is always fantastic.  Besides learning about my Precious Lord, I get to talk to other women, which is where my heart is.  (I'm not a kid person, teenagers intimidate me, I don't enjoy taking care of the elderly, married couples aren't what excites me, but other women mean so much to me.)  We hear each other's stories and encourage each other.  I have learned so much and God has spoken to me several times through those women.  The study we're doing now is Beth Moore's Believing God.  Today she was on fire with her message and it was LOUD and CLEAR.  Did you know "you were not destined to be defeated?"  We need to realize the power we have in Jesus name - power to move mountains.  Beth said, "I have been able to move mountains, all in the name of Jesus.  But, if a mountain doesn't move, I figure God wants me to climb that mountain so I can see his transfiguration while I'm at the top!"  lol!  She has a way with words.  :-)

Next I came home to my mom and I talking about family stuff and planning what's going on the rest of this week while I ate lunch.

I got an email confirming my blurb will be in the church bulletin and newsletter.  I'm feeling led to start a home school group in our church - I have for a while.  Well, I kept waiting for someone else to do it, but no one did.  Does that ever happen to you?  Then you realize, you're the one being called?  Duh.  :-)  Whether it becomes a Bible study or a co-op or just a social group, I'm leaving that in the Lord's hands.  I can tell this is Him working it because I don't even WANT to plan this one out!  ME!  The planner!!  Ah, His ways are higher than my ways - I think I'll give Him control and let Him be in charge.  It's a scary place for this girl, but faith building, to be sure.

Then I put on my teacher hat and did school with Kara.  We reviewed phonics, went over adding suffixes to words (sometimes you drop the silent "e", sometimes you add and extra consonant, sometimes you change the "y" to "i" before adding the suffix).  English is a crazy language.  We also made compound words, which are always fun.  Then we did spelling and math.  Oh math just makes our hearts go pitter pat.  We finally started talking about division.  Sooooo cool.  This is actually the first thing that is a little hard for her, but she doesn't have many of the multiplication table memorized yet.  There's plenty of time for division yet.  She wants us to talk about negative numbers tomorrow, even though that's not in the curriculum, so we'll add that in to what I already have planned.  We finished school with a Math test, which she got an A on.  Very proud of her.

Then I put my shopper hat on and went to Target.  As I used my brain remembering how much of what we had left in the house (do we need soap?  what about shampoo?  I definitely could use mousse and toothpaste, what about cereal or ice cream?), I was able to pick up the things on my short list, and get a few deals while I was there too.  Ah, there's math again.  Gotta love it!!

Then at home I became a chef and sent a friend of mine my favorite recipe for cornbread and planned dinner.  Tonight we'll be having tomato soup and grilled cheese.  (It's cold, windy, and rainy this February evening.)

I am so blessed to have this life.  Home, Kara with me, great husband, and all of us in excellent health.  What more could I ask for?

Comments