Day 97

Today we started school at 7pm.  We're on day 97 in our curriculum.

Bible - talked about Hannah and Samuel, and when God spoke to Samuel
Phonics - reviewed previous 'special sounds,' practiced writing 2 sentences when I dictate them to her, reviewed grammar, wrote a 4 sentence paragraph, etc.
Spelling - took a pretest of this week's words, got 3 wrong out of 21.  We'll study those and test again tomorrow or Thursday.
Poetry - I read her the poem for February:  The Lamplighter
Math - speed drill, reviewed ordinal numbers, took math test.  Made 1 silly mistake (12 - 7 = 4), but did extra credit (4 + 4 = 8.  She wrote that, then drew in another line and wrote 4 x 2 = 8).
Reading - going to do at bed time
Chores - going to do tomorrow
P.E. - done earlier today - 30 minutes riding scooter

Here's what I did earlier today:

  * went to Bible study - this is the Tuesday morning ladies group I've been a part of for 6 years.  We're doing a Beth Moore study on Believing God.  It's phenomenal.
  * talked to church staff about starting a new group for home schoolers - not sure if it will be a Bible study or just a social group or what, but in our huge church, this group may end up being gigantic.  The Lord is calling me to get this group going - not sure what it'll be, not sure if I'll lead it the whole time, but I'm positive I'm supposed to start this thing.
  * met my mom for errands:
     *  brought lunch to my dad
     *  went to teacher store to look for Spanish book for my mom (didn't find it there)
     *  went to Q'Doba for lunch - YUM
     *  went to Books a Million for Spanish book for my mom (success this time.  I also found awesome math tools for Kara - post about those later.)
     *  went to the bank
     *  got the emissions tested on my car and passed
  *  cleaned coffee pot with vinegar
  *  Michael came home from work and smelled nasty hot vinegar instead of dinner cooking, so he offered to take me out to dinner.  Good man.  :-)

I hope your Tuesday was a good day!  Since the weather was pretty, it was nice to do all the other things before we did day 97 this evening.  :-)

Comments