Sick Season

Being a home school family, we miss some of the germs out there.  Don't get me wrong, we're out in public plenty and Kara sees her little friends regularly.  But in school the germs are in hyperdrive, and we get to miss those.

Michael started off the sickness about a month ago with the worst I've ever seen him.  Cold, stomach, body aches, horrible fevers.  It was really bad.  And lasted a long time.

2 weeks ago Kara got a stomach bug and threw up a ton of times.  12 hours later I thought she was done, but she still had a little more in her.  :-(  It took about a week for her to get her energy back and to put some of the weight back on.  (My secret to get her to put the weight back on - LOADS of chocolate milk.  She didn't have much of an appetite, so I gave her milk - protein, calcium, and chocolate for calories.  We just switched to whole milk so she'd get even more calories in there.)

And just the other day I got the stomach bug.  Not exactly the same as Kara's, but it was a rough night.  Just a few days (and lots of sleep) later, I'm doing much better.  Although I don't need extra calories for the energy.  ;-)  I'm perfectly fine.  I am enjoying the 5 pound weight loss though.

Now that I'm better, Kara woke up today with a cold.  Looks like I know what's next for us!

On a positive note, the more we're sick and exposed to germs while we're younger, the healthier we'll be when we're old and feeble and can't handle the illness because of our strong immune system.  (Maybe it's a stretch, but trying to stay positive here.)

Comments