Rental House

One of the many things we did on this last trip to Alabama was shop for a rental house.  There are a total of zero properties for rent.

Um, yeah.

So, I calmly went to God and said, "Okay, show me what You want for us."  Next thing I know, our realtor who sold us the land was letting me know about a property that is for sale.  She said the owner would be willing to rent the house to us.  I said even if we wanted a 9 month lease?  She said sure!  So, even though she received $0 from helping us, she spent time showing us the house and setting up the lease.

It's a townhouse in a pretty golf course community right in town.  Super convenient.  Here are the pictures I took:

It has a two car garage.  Standard is 20x20 (our garage in MD
is standard).  This is 20x24 and has a taller door than
normal.  (Maybe Michael's truck will fit!  Maybe we'll shove
all our furniture and boxes in there.  Maybe not since
it's not temperature controlled and bugs can get in.)

When you first walk in the door, there is a two
story foyer.  To the right is the stairs
that go straight up, to the left is this hallway.
The door on the left is the garage.
The first door on the right is the powder room.
The next doors on the right is the laundry.

Powder room.
Kara says when we move in, we need to bring toilet paper.
What would I do without her?

Laundry closet.
You can see past that is the living room.

The living room is two story and really small.

But it's really pretty!

The master bedroom is on the first floor.
There is enough size for our king sized bed and maybe
for Michael's office?  (Remember he will be working
from home.)

The bathroom off the master has two
sinks, a shower, a tub, and a toilet.
At the end is the closet.


The closet is pretty good sized.  I can downsize.
Michael will be working from home, so he can too.

At the top of the stairs (which is all open), is a very large
landing.  It's so big I'm considering making it Michael's
office.  The only problem is he would hear everything.
Maybe I'll store our homeschool books there instead.

That room in the back is directly above the master bedroom and
will be Kara's bedroom. (The closed door you see has the
hot water heater in it.)

Kara picked this to be her room and she loves it already.
Connie is pointing out the pretty view.  I'll show you
that later.

As soon as you walk into Kara's bathroom,
right inside the bathroom, you see her closet.

Kara has her own sink, which is large.

Through the door where Connie is standing is a room for the toilet and shower.  The other side of that room has another door.  On the other side of that is the sink for the other bedroom upstairs.  (Read:  Grandma's room.)

I'm inside the upstairs bathroom looking into Kara's room.

This is the large closet off the spare bedroom upstairs.

This room is GIANT and I'm thinking will contain all our
extra furniture and boxes.  This will also be Michael's office
 (maybe) AND the guest bedroom.

It's so big and pretty.  It looks out onto the front of the house.

Did I mention it has a big closet?  I picture myself
loading this closet to the ceiling with boxes.

Coming out of the extra bedroom, the hallway
has MORE closets.

These two doors actually connect one big
closet back there.  More space for spare boxes.
Christmas tree, anyone?

See how big that landing is up there?

One more peek at that guest bedroom.  How many couches,
beds, dressers, bookshelves, boxes,  dining room chairs, etc.
can fit up there???  Hmmm.....

View from Kara's room, our room, and the living room.
In the middle of this pond, there is usually a fountain going.
Right now it's off, so there are about 5 turtles hanging out.




Back porch.

The kitchen is tiny, but the sink looks good.

Yikes.  I'll have to get used to a flat top electric stove again.
It's already filthy, so I'll have to see if I can clean it up.
In fact, the whole house looks kind of dirty.  I think
it has been on the market a long time and just needs
a little love.
The kitchen is tiny, the living room is tiny, and somewhere in between those rooms I'm supposed to fit a dining room table.  I have no idea how that is going to work.  BUT, it's only for a short time.  I will look at it as a time to appreciate cleaning such a small space!  Michael is very good about picking up after himself, and I will make Kara get better.  For just the three of us, it should work out very well!

All in all, I'm feeling super blessed this opportunity came about.  God even saw fit to let this be the only thing out there for us to look at, so I didn't even have to pick which rental house is the right one. Thank you, Jesus!

So, have I mentioned the dates yet?  We signed a lease for Aug 1 - Apr 30.  Yes, I know that's soon.  I'm trying not to freak out.  :-D

God is in control!  This is going to be a wonderful adventure!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Looks awesome!!!! What a great rental!!!!
jeday0323 said…
I know, right? We planned on getting a cheap-o 1 or 2 bedroom apartment and keep our stuff in storage. But, God made it so that this is what was available, and I felt His leading toward this. Okey dokey! I just feel His blessing all over the place.