Recovery and an Offer on the House

Kara and I are sick.  Like, really sick.  Like, I think we have the flu - it's been more than 10 days and we are still not close to well.  (It turns out those days I thought Kara was well, her throat was still messed up.  Oops.  Shouldn't have gone back on dairy.  Because the snot is a-flowin'.)

And I had my atypical mole removed yesterday - a surgery I was awake for and saw the bloody gauze and smelled my own flesh burning as they cauterized the wounds.  lol.  Not for the faint of heart.  Or stomach.

So, today Kara and I camped out in my bed.  I am trying to make her stay in her room when she's sick, but when I'm sick, I love having her here with me.  We watch cartoons all day and make jokes and she's just my little buddy.

We watched Earth to Echo, Fantasia, Twister, and a zillion My Little Ponies.

We each napped at least once.

I brought trays of good food up, including chicken soup, fruit, and lots of bread and butter for my girl's sensitive stomach.

We took meds.

We took vitamins.

We are recovering.

I pray this gets OUT soon!  And please, Lord, keep Michael well.  (He gets a change of sheets before he gets into bed.  I'm convinced that's what's helping.)

Side note:  We got an offer on the house.  Gonna lay all the money out on the line here, so feel free to bail if this makes you squeamish.

While our realtor said we could put our house on the market for $465,000, I wanted to price it aggressively so everyone with a $450,000 budget would see our house.  So, it is on the market for $449,900.  That's no secret - it's on the internet.  We bought it for $515,000 (in 2007) and put over $100k into it.  We are going to be losing money.  Because we bought a house in 2007.  Everyone who bought a house in 2007 is going to lose money.  Bummer.  BUT, we have been paying our mortgage down so faithfully, that we will still sell our house and walk away with a very nice check to go into our new house.

Anyway, our offer came in for $440,000.  Not too bad.  But they want us to pay $17,600 of their closing costs.  Wow.  And they want my chandeliers, worth $5,000, which I specifically said I was not selling with the house.  Now, if I add up all of that, I come up with $32,600.  Wow.  That's a lot!

They are first time home buyers and Michael and I remember how exciting that was.  We remember what it was like to buy our dream house at 22 and put every penny we had into the mortgage.  We had no furniture in most rooms for a long time.  So, we agreed to give them the $17,600 in closing costs AND the chandeliers.  That's $22,600.  But we want them to pay the full $449,900.

Our realtor says they will probably take it because they will have a super hard time finding anyone else who will agree to pay those closing costs.  I have to say, if they're smart they will take it because I don't think we'll give them any more than that.

But, while I want to get the most out of this sale (it all gets dumped into the new house build, of course), this whole process is in God's control.  After all, God is 100% in charge of all of our money.  We actually think of it as His money.  And that humbles us each time we spend it.

So, we will do with it what God leads us to.  Even if it isn't the best deal we could possibly get.

I'll keep you posted and let you know if they take the deal or if they don't.  Or if they counter lower and we say no.  The open house was supposed to be Saturday - we could always still do that!  I'm sure we'd get a better offer than these guys gave us.

We are praying God keeps it obvious for us - easy to say no or easy to say yes.  We just want His will!

Comments