Furniture placement

Since Kara was napping most of the day yesterday, I took the time to map out what our floor plan will be in the next house and figure out where furniture will go.  It was difficult with only measurements for the bedrooms, but I tried.  Now I can think about where all the boxes should go, that way I can decide which room I'd like the movers to put the boxes.

Oh my goodness.

That house is very small.

And so many things shouldn't be stored in a garage that is exposed to humidity and insects.

This is what I came up with so far:

Second story
Yes, there are two couches in Kara's room.  Look
at all that furniture shoved in the spare bedroom!
Michael threw a monkey wrench in my plans
yesterday when he told me that is where he wants
his office.  And it's the storage room.  And the spare
bedroom.  Whew!  That room is going to be....snug.

That living room is tiny!  I'm not sure if I will
like that red chair in the back, but we will try it
out.  Our bedroom will end up with more
pieces of furniture - another chair and ottoman,
the file cabinet, our safe, etc.
After all that measuring, cutting, and color coding, I still have the following pieces of furniture left to shove in the spare bedroom:
shelves in my foyer
foyer table
queen anne's bench

I will be piling boxes and stuff on the loveseats in the spare bedroom.  I also want to set up plastic shelves to pile boxes on.  Maybe I'll take a couch out of Kara's room....

I also printed pictures of the kitchen and decided where I will store our stuff in those cabinets and drawers.

Planning, planning, planning.

Good stuff.

I also got to make phone calls about renters insurance (which we don't need - builders risk insurance includes all of our belongings, wherever they may be).  And arrange our moving date with the moving company.  And give them more information.  And, and, and....

Moving is a full time job and we haven't done school this week.  Hopefully the homeschool review goes well tomorrow - Kara is sick and I feel the aches coming on.  Blah.

Meanwhile, should I be concerned that we've only had 3 showings??

Comments

Vicky said…
Everything will happen in His time, sweetie! Including someone buying your house! I know your review will pass with flying colors tomorrow! Sure hope our Kara is better soon! She may need to take care of you! Hope not! Don't stress! That may help you become sick!!
jeday0323 said…
Thank you for your encouragement, Mom!! <3