Closure - Starting Already

Moving out of state when I have lived here for more than 20 years is not going to be a small task.  Just letting everyone (friends and family) and everywhere (utilities, all accounts, etc.) know I have moved and changing my address over is going to take a long time.

Here is a list of what needs to be done so we can switch over from Maryland residents to Alabama residents.  (You know me well enough by now to know I love lists.  And I love posting them here so I can refer back to them later.)

Doctor - get refills on my medication and have it transferred to a pharmacy in my new town. (appt set up for early August)
 - get records, charts, whatever
 - do one last "well child" appointment with Kara so we are good to go before we move (appt set up for July)
 - get my moles taken care of so I don't have to see a dermatologist until the winter (appt set up for next week)
Dentist - one last cleaning (appt set up for July)
 - get records, charts, whatever
Church - finish up with my ministries
 - women's retreat was in May so that is done
 - just stopped the finance team (farewell lunch set for next week)
 - pass on homeschool ministry to new leader (God is still in the process of calling someone)
Homeschool - last homeschool review (today)
 - withdraw from Anne Arundel County school system (done today)
Cars - Michael will need another oil change at the dealership (he has free maintenance for life) so we can get that paperwork and bring it to the dealership in Guntersville
 - I get my oil changed at jiffy lube or whatever, but I need to get our old cars off their list - and another place we got our oil changed in the past
Driver's License - Michael and my licenses expired this month!  So, we both renewed them for the two more months we will live here.  Paying in full for 5 years, of course, because Maryland doesn't do it any other way.
 - We will need new licenses when we move.  Fortunately there is a little office right in our new town.
Postal service - forward our mail when we move
 - are there other government facilities that need to know?  Social Security?
Online accounts - cell phones, credit cards, retirement funds, AAA, etc. all will need to know our new mailing address
Utilities will all need to be turned off when we leave.  I'd like to have all the new ones set up and turned on before we arrive at our rental house.
Did I forget anything??  Liz, you just did this last year.

And don't forget about the friends and family I am trying to see as much as possible before I go!  It won't be goodbye forever.  I'll be back.  But we are trying to live it up now!  I'm trying to see everyone on my list of friends and family I am super close with at least once a week.  Whew!  It's a lot.

Making those last doctors and dentist appointments feel like I'm crossing things off my list.  And today when we did our final homeschool review and withdrew from the system, I felt one more step closer to our new home.

It's exciting.  And weird.  And starting to sink in.  And that's exciting.  And weird.

Comments

jeday0323 said…
I thought of some: cancel lawn mowing and both Orkins.