Packing Process - Week 8

* Firstly * We have our third showing scheduled for tomorrow morning.  YES.  Let's do this.  I need to get people coming through here so we can get a buyer.  Yes, it's only been on the market three days and I need to chill.  :-)

Now, as far as packing goes:

Last weekend I counted 8 weeks until August 1st, so I put myself on an 8 week packing schedule.  I made a list of what to pack and what to do each week so I don't feel overwhelmed.  I labeled each week according to how far out we are from the move.  So, this week, I did everything labeled "8."  (Mind you:  we will probably move the first week of August, but I will be ahead of schedule if I do it this way.)

So, here are the things I had to do this week:

* Get Boxes
* Make a list of things going in truck, boat, my car, instead of moving truck
* Pack Christmas decorations, puzzles, games, wrapping paper
* Find a solution for packing the Christmas tree
* Pack everything else in basement hall closet
* Pack extra things in drawers I don't use all the time

I did get boxes.  I was thinking a ton of people would be moving since we are getting into the summer moving season, but not yet!  So, I ordered some from UHaul.  My military friend gave me the tip - they really do have the cheapest boxes around.  Those came in the mail Thursday.

You know I made my list.  Not only can we not pack our guns and ammo, but I am thinking about things we will need for the first few days in the rental house before the truck full of our belongings arrives.  Cleaning supplies (the rental is so dirty), food, clothes, toiletries, air mattresses to sleep on, etc..

I packed everything on #3 last night, which is when I finally got boxes.  I packed for an hour and a half and did about 7 boxes.  I'm feeling pretty sassy about that.  Like an over achiever.  ;-)

I am going to have to get creative with that Christmas tree.  Why don't those things ever go back in the box they came in?  I may use that packing wrapping stuff to see if I can MAKE it go back in that box.  We may be buying a new tree next year!  lol!

That hall closet is almost done.  I am deciding if it's okay to throw away that direct tv stuff from about 10 years ago.  Then I have a special thing that was hand made that I need to wrap carefully.  Hmmm, that's about it for in there.

Lastly, most drawers are empty, so I am sitting pretty!

After the showing in the morning, I'll see what else I can do to finish all my "8"s and start on my "7"s.  I need more boxes, man.

Comments