Picked a Date, Getting Things Done

Remember how I said I was packing so that I'd be ready by August 1st?  Well, Michael and I picked August 17th as our move out date, so now I'm two weeks ahead!  I will slow down my packing a bit, which is great timing because Kara is pretty sick today.  She has a fever, sore throat, headache and stomach ache.  If I get whatever she has, I'll be in bed for days.  Blah.  (Meanwhile, with my OCD tendencies, I could have this whole house packed in three days, so I'm not worried about falling behind.)

So, this week I am setting up the move, getting insurance to cover our stuff through the move, setting up renters insurance for the rental house, and grateful we already have builder's risk insurance set up for the big house (that's what I'm calling the one being built - the big house - not to be confused with the nickname for prison).  ;-)

I also still have some more stuff in my trunk to give away!  lol.  My friend wants it, which is good, so I can bring it to her the next time I see her.  I have old direct tv boxes to bring to Best Buy.  And an old board game Michael doesn't want (and doesn't fit in the box) that I can get rid of.  :-D  I told Michael he better hold on tight to stuff he doesn't want packed or given away!  lol.

Meanwhile, today was the last day I got to serve on the finance team at church.  It was so sad!!  I LOVE serving.  :-(  I can't wait to see what God has in store for me at my next church.  I hope so much that I love it as much as I've loved this.  8 years.  That's a long time for me to serve on the same team for so long and love it more and more every time.

Wednesday is our homeschool review.  I will tell them we are moving and this will be the last review with them too.  We are going to do school super light this summer, then we can figure out where to homeschool in Alabama.  Who to report to, I mean.  I'm looking forward to the review Wednesday - I've gotten to where I think they are fun and so encouraging.  No one else cares about the details of our homeschool days.  (I post some things here every once in a while, but rarely receive comments.)  ;-)

I feel like things are getting checked off "the list" left and right.

Eventually I get to do the really boring stuff like cancel utilities and set them up in the rental.  That stuff is some of my least favorite parts of my job as the one who runs the household.  Higher on the list than that is getting new driver's licenses and license plates!  Blah!

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good about where we are and about having until August 17th to move.

So is Michael.  Today is his first day at his new job and I hope he's having a great day!

Comments

Vicky said…
Moving right along! Hope our Kara Bear doesn't stay sick for too long AND sure hope it passes you right by! :D
jeday0323 said…
Thank you Mom!! Kara slept a whole lot yesterday and I got her headache lowered and stomachache to go away. I think she slept all night - she didn't wake me anyway. Oh, she just woke up, let me ask her. Yep, she fell asleep late, but then slept all night. Today her headache, stomachache, and sore throat are back. Poor girl!