Building the Alabama House, Post 97 of 1435

Those are random numbers.  I don't know what post this is and I don't know how many there will be.  I feel like this blog should be called, "Building a House with the Days."  :-)

On Saturday I got these pictures:




He said, "House garage and boat garage ready to pour concrete Monday. The black plastic is a vapor barrier to keep moisture from making the slab sweat .  We also lace the slabs with wire mesh and rebar to ensure if there were any cracking it would just be a surface crack and not a structural crack. A little over kill but worth the effort in the long run."

I told him I was a fan of overkill.  :-)


Then I just got these today (Tuesday)



He said, "Both garage slabs poured finished and concrete sealer applied . Foundation  gravel and interior drains installed. Next install anchor bolts in block work with concrete . Then framing crew will be here in 7-10 days"

The framing part will be SO COOL.  It will start really taking shape and start looking like a real house.  I can't wait for this part!!

Comments

Unknown said…
This guy is the BEST contractor EVER to send you pics and updates all the time!!! So cool!
jeday0323 said…
Tell me about it! I am so grateful God connected us with them. This poor guy will be so glad when we move there in a few months so he won't have to do this anymore. ;-) Seriously though, he lives right down the street, so he's only spending an extra 10 minutes or so on it.