Getting Things Done

7 days later, my throat is still killing me.  And my nose is still stuffy and gunky.  And I'm tired.

My back was finally starting to heal from when they sliced the mole for the biopsy, and today was the day of the surgery.  I have a deep boo boo with stitches.  They will biopsy all the skin around the mole (they dug about 2 inches down!) to make sure they got it all out.  And since they sliced the top off a mole I didn't like that stuck out, they will biopsy it for fun, even though it's perfectly fine.  I'm liking all this double checking!

Kara's awful 7 day long cold was gone a whopping 3 days before she is miserable again today.  She can't even get out of bed.  She went to the restroom once and had to crawl.

All of that to say, let's talk about something else!  lol!

How about we see how far I've gotten with packing (with a big, big help from my mom) so while I spend the next week resting my poor body, I'll feel better seeing how good things are looking.

My mom packed all the books and supplies
in the homeschool room!  Look a those pretty,
clean, empty shelves.

There's all the stuff from those shelves!

Close the closet doors, and it's pretty enough
for a showing.

My mom packed the winter stuff in my mudroom cabinets
too.  And she cleaned the shelves!  She's good.

These are the empty shelves in the basement.  I am taking
credit for these.

This is a closet in the basement.  I did this too.
This is Christmas decorations, children's
books, wrapping paper, etc.

This is the closet under the stairs in the
basement.  That's the Christmas tree!  I fit
 the two biggest pieces of the tree back in the
original box with approximately 7,582 pieces
of duct tape.  The top of the tree is in the
second box with other basement junk.
This closet is ready for more boxes!

This is the basement bedroom closet.  The blue
bin has roller blades and a few garage stuff in
it.  I can add to it later.  Then there's a gray
empty bin and a few blankets I can use for
packing.  I'm going to say this closet is done
and ready for me to hide away more boxes
as they get packed.

This is where I'm keeping our empty boxes as we pack and as
we have our house on the market for showings.

Look at all I've done so far!  I LOVE the
shelves my dad built me.  They are super
deep - those boxes go back 2 and 3 deep!

More dad shelves.  On the left on the top, I have paper plates
and stuff I plan to use as we move (meaning I'm not packing
those).  There's boxes on the right.  And the shelf underneath
has room to store more boxes.  Yes!

Look at that space!

This is all the stuff I'm using during the move!
lol.  Paper plates, plastic cups, disposable
tupperware, shampoo, etc.

This corner used to have shelves with stuff on them.  I packed
the stuff, took the shelves apart, and packed the shelves!  Now
everything stacked up and everything on the black shelves
are boxes and packing material.


Don't worry, the laundry room still looks
nice enough for showings.

Oh!  My mom and I worked on the hall
closet too.  Winter jackets = packing material.

I have a few things left on the top shelf that I'm not packing.
Tools and cleaning things (both I will be using after the
movers leave) and batteries, which movers will not take.

Now, this is next on my list:  small appliances.

I did pack this tupperware back in the box.  But that mixer
hiding back there will be packed next!

And so will all the rest of my small appliances, which I
keep in this pretty armoire in the dining room.
Thank you mom for everything.  I'm going to ask you for more help before this is all over with.  I hope we both lose weight from the work!  :-D

Look how good my to do list is looking now:



How about another look at the Alabama house?

On the left, guess bedroom.
On the right, pantry and garage.

Here is another look at the plans.

Michael's detached boat garage.
That room up there will be 34 x 16.
Michael said, "that looks huge up there!"
Then he said he is sure he can think
of something to do with that space.  :-)

Pray for healing over mine and Kara's bodies and that Michael stays well!!

Comments

Vicky said…
WOW! You certainly are getting things done! Good job!
Yes, prayed for yours and Kara's healing! Also prayed Michael stays healthy.....AND your mom! :D Love you all!