Fjord Cruise - Day 15

We had a wonderful trip home.  We woke up a bit early on the ship, got ready (which didn't take long since we did so much the night before to get ready), and headed to breakfast.  We said goodbye to our little room and enjoyed one last delicious meal at the Windjammer Cafe.  I believe I had waffles.  Or french toast.  I switched back and forth between them every day.

Michael didn't sleep well the night before because he finally got the cold we all were dealing with.  We made it to breakfast early and hung out waiting for Steve and Maureen.  When breakfast was done we headed downstairs to get off the ship and were pleasantly surprised to see there was no line and most people were off the ship already.  We collected our luggage (mine wasn't there so I asked the sweet lady working there for help, and we found it), and made our way out of the terminal.  A man in a suit was holding a sign saying "Jessica Day" and we made our way to our nice vehicle.  So easy!

We had a lovely ride back to the airport.  The van was designed a bit differently, so Maureen was in the way back and I didn't get to talk to her.  So I talked to the driver.  He was the nicest guy.  When we got close to the airport, we hit heavy traffic, but since we had so much time built in, I felt zero stress.

We paid extra for the express lines at the airport and decided once again that they were worth every penny.

After we were through security, we stopped for lunch and a little

cards! 



We were tired and didn't play much, but we still got some playing in there.  Then we headed over to our gate, which took forever - have I mentioned Heathrow is gigantic??  Then right before it was time to board, they moved which gate we were supposed to go to, so we headed over and got right on the plane.

Michael and I had the front row seats in the coach section, so I spent the flight with my feet up on the wall (I bet they hate that, but it was sooooo comfortable) and we watched movies together and shared headphones while we watched his iPad together.  The food stunk, but being with Michael one last trip was wonderful.  And flying internationally, on time felt like a gift.

We landed in Dulles to return to summer.  Boy was it hot.  We stood in a long line to get through customs, waited an eternity for our bags, and decided we were all really, really tired.  Then we got on the shuttle to the parking lot, paid on our way out, and drove home.  Priase the Lord there was minimal traffic and we were home around 9:30pm.  Of course, we were on London time and Michael didn't sleep well, so it felt like 2:30am, and Michael was going on being awake 24 hours straight.

Kara didn't want to come home with us that night, so we went home, showered, and slept like the dead.

I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I was sleeping in my own bed, when just that morning I'd had breakfast on the ship.  Crazy!

But, it was a great day and I had zero anxiety.  I am liking this.

Comments