Fjord Cruise - Day 6

We woke up this day to another Norwegian port - Alesund.

The city had a fire in the early 1900s (I wasn't paying close enough attention to remember when, exactly), so they rebuilt with an art nouveau look.  I probably wouldn't recognize this look before, but I probably will now.  See if you notice all the buildings have a certain "look."

Just what I wanted to do all day - take a ton of pictures.  :-) 

More pictures - you'll see how awesome this picture turned out in a minute.... 



This is all Michael would do to pose for me.  He said, "what?  I'm smiling."  :-) 

Here's that flower I was photographing.  Is that flower gorgeous, or what?! 






This was about the only thing in English and it cracked me up.  Is "probably" a word you want in your slogan?  lol! 



Norwegian flag - right outside the souvenir shop







We shopped in some souvenir stores, went to find more stores, but figured out we were in a little mall, which wasn't what we were looking for, then headed back to the ship.  It was still warm, I wish I'd worn shorts, and very humid.  I had all these plans to blow dry my hair every day on vacation since I'd have time, but it was so humid and rainy, I let the locks be curly, which is when they're happiest anyway.

Look who we found in our room after dinner?  What a cute little bunny. 

From the ship, we watched the sun set over Alesund.  Wow.

Alesund was lovely, but it's time to leave and sail to our next adventure.



Saying goodbye to Alesund - look at those low hanging clouds.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
love your green shirt!