Fjord Cruise - Day 3

This may be the first day we walked onto the ship, but it was the third day of our adventure, so I'm sticking with "Day 3" in my title.  :-)

We woke up bright and early with our bags packed and enjoyed another lovely breakfast in the hotel while we waited for our ride to come pick us up.  Michael had some last minute work stuff to do before we got on the ship and said goodbye to all connection to the outside world.

We ended up waiting too long to make reservations for a ride to the ship (not my style, but our friends were dealing with some unforeseen circumstances, so we had to wait until the last minute), so the only options left were quite expensive.  But, this means we had a very nice and luxurious ride to the ship.  The gentleman showed up in a full suit right on time (maybe a little early) and we were checked out of the hotel, hanging out in the lobby, and ready to go.

It was a beautiful morning, the man loaded the trunk for us, and I sat in the front seat for my motion sickness.  It was a lovely drive and I felt great!  Maureen and I got to talk while I took pictures and the guys did this:




Lol!

I took these pictures because they felt very British and brought back good memories for me, and I knew it would for my parents too:






  

Before we knew it, it was 2 hours later and we were seeing signs for the port!



There's our girl!  Isn't she beautiful?  Her name is Brilliance of the Seas, which is perfect because when we lived in England, "brilliant" was a word the Brits used all the time to describe something.  Sometimes they shortened it to, "brill."


It was only 10:30am, so I asked the driver if we could stop at the gas station nearby so I could buy some Dr. Pepper (which isn't served on the ship).  Not only did I find Dr. Pepper at this gas station, I bought 8 20oz bottles, which triggered some kind of sale they had running, so I got them super cheap.  Nice.  :-)  I was officially ready to get on the ship.

We pulled right up, unloaded our bags, got on the ship in record time, and enjoyed lunch in the Winjammer cafe.  There was zero traffic, zero lines, and we zipped right through like never before.  Amazing.  We may have to be super early from now on - we're used to HOURS of lines in a hot warehouse-like building.

This was the view from the ship in the Harwich terminal.  (I was pronouncing it "har which" because that's how it's spelled, but it's pronounced "hare itch".)

 



Then it was time to sail away from the dock.  We were moving and this is my favorite part - sailing into and out of port.


Can you see that sign says "Welcome to Historic Harwich"? 


I sat in the shade, out of the wind, on the deck on these chairs and had my quiet time several days.  Such a neat little nook.  Thank you, Jesus, for this amazing opportunity to explore Your creation.


We had to rearrange our dinner tables, which was a little hairy and frustrating (many families were separated at the dining room, which was very unlike Royal Caribbean), we also had our muster station drill, and waited quite some time for our luggage to arrive.  Normal first day stuff that makes the first day not really count on the cruise.  We decided against seeing the show after dinner because there was only 1 show that was standing room only, so we headed to the card room to play some bridge.

Ahhhhhhhh.

Vacation.

It's here.

I'm feeling it.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Yay for finally getting aboard the cruise ship. I remember those excited, yet anxious feelings. I hope we get to go on another cruise, during a less stressful period so we don't feel like sleeping the week away. =)