Fjord Cruise - Day 12

We woke up to a second day in Reykjavik.  My cold was starting to feel a bit better and I wanted to get out and go for a walk in the fresh air.  So, we got off the ship to go to the souvenir shop 100 ft away, then I went for a small walk.  It was cold and super windy, so the walk was short.  Check out my pictures.














Look at how cool these rocks looked up close - kind of like pumas, huh. 

Here are those pumas rocks 




We left Iceland sometime in the afternoon and started the long journey back to England.

The water was ROUGH - I have never seen seas that rough on a cruise ship before.  (57 mile per hour winds)  Not only were we rocking back and forth, but we were lurching up and down.  (Yes, I used the word "lurching" on purpose.)  I went for a walk on the 5th deck to try to calm my stomach and felt spray way up there!  I made it through dinner and the open sea later that evening had me getting to bed early with some Bonine.  I slept GREAT.  :-)

Comments