Fjord Cruise - Day 9

We woke up in the Faroe Islands and I felt awful.  I knew I wouldn't be up to getting off the ship.  As the day went on, I was feeling more and more miserable and really needed to go to bed.  My fever was high enough that I had aches and chills.  I spent the day in bed, after I took some pictures of the magical Faroe Islands - a place I honestly didn't know existed and I've never seen any place like it in my life.

How cool is this?  These islands almost have stripes of rock.  I don't know about you, but I'm not sure I could live there - no Targets, no movie theaters, no way to get there except by ferry.  The bright kelly green of the grass was so interesting - that and not a tree in sight.





Sheep graze anywhere and everywhere 


More waterfalls 

The Faroe Islands are owned by Denmark. 




Okay, I was feeling really, really rotten and took myself to bed.  As we sailed away, I turned and took a few pictures from my bed with my little camera.




Look at those caves at the sea level there.  Neat!



Look at that cave!! 



As we sailed away, I had to skip dinner - I was bad off.  But, God decided to give my beautiful views from our little window.  The camera didn't pick it up, but the clouds were glowing - they literally had silver linings.  :-)





Looking forward to a good night's sleep and feeling better the next day.  Sorry I didn't get to explore more!

Comments

Kattrina said…
I'm loving your recaps! I think I could totally live on this island - I'd love an island with no Target!
jeday0323 said…
I hear ya! Things are definitely done the old school way - baker, grow your own vegetables, milk man, etc. No grocery stores, no movie theaters, no Lowes, nothing.
Elisabeth said…
Every time I see mountains (or islands, I guess) with the layers of rock, I think of the flood. I don't know if these layers were caused by all the sudden upheaval of ground when the flood waters broke loose, but could be!