The Summer of Vacations

Two weeks after we got home from the cruise, it was time to pack up and head out for our vacation with my family.  What a fun month!  We wanted to plan this trip around white water rafting in the Youghiogheny River in Ohiopyle, PA.  (By the way, it's pronounced yok-uh-GAIN-ee and I will never know how to spell it without looking it up.  Like most rivers, it was named by Indians.)  Tony and Christina rafted there several times, many years ago, and said it was the best trip ever.  But, all the rental houses in Ohiopyle were yucky and there weren't restaurants around, no golf courses, etc.  But, 45 minutes south of Ohiopyle is Deep Creek Lake, which was amazing.  We have been there many times in the past, so we knew we'd enjoy it.  2 golf courses for my dad, the whole lake for Michael to fish in, shopping for us girls, and restaurants galore for dinners for all of us.  We picked out a PHENOMENAL house and enjoyed our week.  We white water rafted 45 minutes away in Ohiopyle on Wednesday and boy do I have a story for you!

Straight from that vacation, we went to hang out with Michael's family for a family reunion Labor Day weekend.  Every time I have a visit with Michael's family I think on the way home, that was the best visit ever!

I am home now and being thrust back into real life, which I'll write about soon enough.  But for now, I'm going to journal my Deep Creek Lake vacation and family reunion.  :-)

Comments