Publix 10-19-18

I got all of this for only $70.65, before tax.

Look at all that premium ice cream I got for super cheap!

Most of this stuff was half off, but some things, like the eggs and triscuits, were a good price and we needed them anyway.  (I needed two dozen eggs because they are Kara's new favorite food and she can make scrambled eggs herself.  Score one more point for big kids.)

My goal now is to spend $100 a month on groceries and coupon shopping at CVS for household and toiletry items.  Thanks to a big stock up at Sams club on meat, I am able to start out ahead to get my confidence back.

I haven't started out with a total in mind before I get to Publix, but I know already what is a good price and where coupons are.  I was able to use a $3 coupon from the Publix coupon book by their door, a $1 coupon from right there in the aisle, a $1 coupon I loaded onto my Publix digital coupons (those come off by putting your phone number in at the check out line), and a $10 off when you spend $50.  (If I had planned ahead better, I would have made sure to hit the $100 mark so I could have done $10 off twice.  Instead, my total was $92 before coupons, after sales - so close!)

Anyway, this was all worth $138.40, before tax.  I spent $70.65.  I saved $67.75, which is 49%.  Pretty good!

Comments