How To Be Married To Michael

My husband is unique.  I honestly never knew anyone else like him, let alone dated someone like him.  It took me years to figure him out.  I *think* I finally have, 16 years later.  I type Meyer's Brigg INTJ into Pinterest, along with Enneagram 5, and they say it so well - it's like they've met Michael!

First of all, I am learning to only say things that are interesting, and I am trying to say it in as few words as possible.  My number one goal in life is to not be annoying.







But quiet can be extremely calming, peaceful,
and secure.

He definitely does not like hints or games.



As far as his communication skills, he isn't super chatty either.







When we were in a couples Bible study, we had to list what is most important to us in a mate, after being a Christian.  Everyone in the room wrote sense of humor, but Michael wrote intelligence.  What an interesting thing for a 21 year old to say!





I honestly think he spends every day trying to act like he thinks people want him to, so I work hard to figure him out and keep our house an INTJ-friendly place.



I give him a lot of space.


But it's super cool to be invited in to that secret world / happy place.

I remember when I told Michael I was proud
of him and his accomplishments at work on our
way to a company Christmas party, he was thrilled.
I can't believe he didn't know it already!  So, I have
tried to say it again since, and he shrugs me off
because I already said that once.  lol.
P.S.  I am an ISFJ/INFJ, which makes me the
little yellow guy.  :-)

He is genuinely a really good person with a very good heart who needs little to no affirmation.



His idea of romance is different than the classic definition.



It often takes some time to process that he is being sweet.  One of my favorite things he does now is instead of opening my car door for me, he gets in first and gets my cooled seats cranking.  He knows I am always overly-warm and how much I value being cool.  Logically he processed that as a priority.

Guess what my favorite Jane Austin book/movie is?  I never realized why I like it so much, especially after living with Michael for so long.






While Michael took some time to figure out, there are some incredibly special things about him that I value above all else.

I have 100% security in our relationship.

Everyone knows Michael's grin!  It's awesome!









All of that plus we do silly things like this:


This was his trash the other night.  He folded it up into a tiny square.  If you know me, you know I have OCD about my trash - I have to tie it in a little knot before I throw it away.

And this:


Every other color, tags lined up.

If you know me, you know I like things neat and tidy.

How did we find each other?

God, that's how!

Would you be surprised to hear Kara is an INTJ and Enneagram 5 too?  It's pretty rare for women to be, but sure enough, she is.  It's a good thing this is an INTJ-friendly house!  Now you know why our house is so quiet.  Let's just say, Michael and Kara understand each other, appreciate each other, but need very little words from each other.

Comments

Vicky said…
That was totally great and SPOT ON!
jeday0323 said…
Isn't it SO Him?! Where was all this great info 16 years ago when I was confused? lol. Boy, oh boy, I wouldn't trade Michael for anything. He is the BEST.
Vicky said…
Where was all this info when I was raising him?