Halloween 2018

First of all, I'm feeling better.  Thank you for your prayers.  It was five long days of misery, not able to get out of bed.  Then on the sixth day I could start to function again - and at least move to the couch.  Now I'm on day 11 and I just have a cough and nasal congestion.  I am sleeping a ton as I am back to cooking and cleaning, which helps a lot!

Halloween 2009


Now, I want to talk about Halloween.  The socially acceptable thing to do is trick or treat.  Or go to a trunk or treat.  Or go to a pumpkin patch.  Or some other fair or event.  With crowds and noise and pictures with pumpkins.  Here's the thing.  We are introverts - especially Kara.  All of those things do not sound fun for her now that she is a preteen.  They aren't fun for me either, for that matter, but I want to do whatever she wants while she's young.

Halloween 2010


This year we said no to helping with church.  That was super difficult, but "No" is a complete sentence.  (Thank you therapy and medicine.)  So, I spent a bunch of money on candy to donate to church, and decided that was as much as we were going to help this year.  And that's okay.



With this year to do whatever we wanted on Halloween, we decided to celebrate OUR way.  We are staying home and watching spooky movies.  We are going to have Chick Fil A for dinner.  And we are going to eat yummy Halloween candy after - mostly things wrapped in orange marked Reese's.  We invited our family to join us, but it will probably end up being just Kara and I with Grandma and maybe Christina.



So, should I feel guilty for doing Halloween our way this year?  I say no.  I say this is exactly what I should be doing the year Kara is 12.  I say we are super excited and can't wait to celebrate introvert style.  At home, avoiding crowds.

Comments