Furniture and Monday

After a trip to Maryland, my parents came back to Alabama with us for a few days.  Again, I have no pictures!  Who am I?  I think it's a great time to get my big camera back out and start using it more.  I think I have said that on more than one occasion, but I don't do it.  I'm really trying to live in the moment - the downside is my memory is crummy and I need pictures to help me remember!

We had such a nice visit with my parents - lots of out to eat, shopping, looking for new furniture, fires in the fire pit, etc.  I think I have decided on all of my furniture.  (I took these pictures from Ashley Furniture's website, and Wayfair's website.)

two couches, across
from each other

Small, narrow chairs with their back
to the fireplace.  These recline.

Dining room table

Foyer Table

6 dining room chairs
2 extras - keep in foyer
I might buy two slightly
different ones for the foyer
that can be pulled up
to the dining room
table....still thinking

Two of these facing the fireplace - these rocker/glider/recliners
will be for Michael and I.  I can't decide if these are too
frumpy.....
I can't decide between these two coffee tables:




I still need a really cool sofa table.  I can't find one anywhere.

After mom and dad left, I spent the weekend cleaning, working on lesson plans, doing work for church, and went to lunch with the ladies in my Bible study after church.  I also started a new book, which is fantastic.

Today is Monday and I renewed our license plate registration tags (which were way expired - thanks Mr. Policeman for pulling me over and giving me my first ticket), made a list for the contractor, went to the doctor for a routine appt, then worked at the church counting the tithe.  By the time I got to church, it was almost lunch time, so I set my stuff down and went to lunch with 5 of the staff's most awesome women.  It was a wonderful time.  Common theme:  women are empty and push themselves to the limit.  We are all worn out.  Also, Mondays are hard.  After I counted the tithe and did my necessary reports, I went to the bank, the pharmacy, and got myself some gas.  When I got home I reviewed school with Kara (she is getting even better at doing school alone - I am proud of her), made dinner, watched Jeopardy with Michael during dinner, then worked on more church stuff while Kara and I "watched" a movie.  (I know it sounds like I am doing a lot of church work, but I was gone two weeks, so I'm catching up.)

Tomorrow I get to call the insurance company to work on paying to repair our roof - apparently we had hail damage, which I didn't know until water spots appeared on the drywall on our ceiling.  Yikes.  As Scarlett O'Hara would say, "I won't think about that today, I'll think about that tomorrow.  After all, tomorrow is another day!"

For now, I'm going to read some more of that book.  (It's called A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers, in case you are wondering.  It's about 20 years old, but it's my first time reading it.)

Comments

Vicky said…
LOVE that foyer table!!!!!!!!!
Voice in the Wind.....is that one I gave to you? I've read the entire series (3 books?). LOVED it!!!!!!!!
jeday0323 said…
I'm not sure if you gave me a copy of Voice in the Wind. I had this copy on my shelf for about 15 years now! This is the one where one of the major characters is named Hadassah.
Vicky said…
OH! You may have gotten the first one before the sequels were finished. You cannot stop with the first one!!! They are all 3 in the "Mark of the Lion" series. #2 is Echo in the Darkness and #3 is As Sure as the Dawn. I had them at one time. I am thinking I must have taken them back to the thrift store before I decided to keep all of my Christian Fiction books. I'll check my shelves to see, however, and if I have them, I'll send them back with you when we see you in about 4 weeks!
jeday0323 said…
That would be great, thank you!
Did we decide on Friday - Sunday? Just want to make hotel reservations. :-)
Vicky said…
Yes. Can't wait! I sure hope Tim is doing better by that time!