Life is Good

Our new math curriculum is working out.  Of course, we've only done it three days now.  Kara feels like she really understands what's going on.  There are quizzes to do every other lesson and she loves that because this will catch her where she doesn't understand something and reveal it before the big test.

Again, doing the lesson at the white board
opens Kara's brain and she soaks it all up.

Here she is focusing at her desk during a quiz.

Here she is reading from the textbook.
Laying on the floor is the best way to read,
according to my 10 year old.



Tuesday we met our friends at the park and let the girls scoot and hang out.  I got Jessica and I these cute travel cups for teacher's day.  :-)  (Isn't she pretty?  She's an awesome friend.)



I brought my camera because we were by the lake and everything looks gorgeous there.



Sweet friends.

Big girls talking about big girl stuff.

Jessica's youngest girl.  She is full of
life and fun and silly and sweet.
Not to mention super cute!!

Wednesday I drove to Huntsville after math and horse lessons.  I paid that ticket, then I found some pretty couches at my favorite furniture overstock store.  They will be delivered Wednesday night.

I came home to three giant boxes in the foyer.  The furniture is arriving!  And I totally didn't realize I would have to put it together.  


I have six of these for the dining room
table.

After the agony that is putting together furniture that doesn't line up right and fighting with screws for hours, I looked up my other furniture (think dining room table, 4 recliners, etc.) and it ALL has to be put together.  Yikes!

Wednesday night I went to Parent's Night at church.  It was nice to find a bunch of friends and sit with them.  We all have kids in the youth group now!  We sat through a Wednesday night service to see what the youth does on Wed nights.  They do their own music (the same songs we do Sunday morning, but they play instruments and they sing), then the youth pastor preaches.  He passes out plain white paper for the kids to write questions on anonymously and he reads them aloud and answers them.  They are things like - do people in other religions go to hell, how do I deal with friends who are two faced, that sort of thing.  Then, since parents were there, he did his lesson, which included his testimony.  I really liked it.  He was a preacher's son, who rebelled during his late teens/early 20s.  I'm glad for it because as a teen I would have never responded to someone who had a "spotless" record.

When I got home, I took pretty pictures of the moon on my iPhone.  First pink, then yellow.




Today is Thursday and I worked at the church until 6, then had to quit.  I still had more work to do, but it was late.  I met Michael at a restaurant for dinner, then I headed home, relieved there were no furniture deliveries - nothing to put together.

Comments