Movies, Furniture, and Feet

School is going pretty well.  We are going to continue on through the summer, like usual.  Every month we will take a week or two off.  By the fall, we will be far enough ahead to take time off when the weather is pretty, which makes sense to me!  Also, don't forget we have had every Wednesday off since we started seventh grade in March.  Seventh grade is a lot of work and I'm letting Kara ease into it.

Here she is doing math.
Greatest Common Factor (GCF)
and
Least Common Multiple (LCM)

Her first math test using this new curriculum is coming up this week.  We will see how it goes!  Most of chapter 1 is review, but not all of it.

Wednesday at horse lessons we found out that Kara's recent growth spurt (she's 5'3" tall now) combined with several weeks off horse lessons, make Kara's feet a little too tippy toed, if you know what I mean.  Her muscles are too tight.  We decided to do a second lesson this week - on Friday.  Here is a video of her jumping.  She went around and jumped three times, then turned around and did the same thing in the other direction.  After the second lesson, Lisa said her feet are already looking better.  If we had time, we'd keep it up to two lessons a week, but she is getting better so once a week it is.  What a blessing horse lessons are!  They are more fun (and cheaper) than casting!


My recliners came in - all four of them.  The idea was for them to just look like chairs that happen to recline.  You remember I was dreading putting them together.  I'm happy to report they came in two pieces, plus the feet.  So, I put the feet on (super easy), then put the back on, which just needed to be slid into place.  Yay!

We have two of these big ones for Michael
and I to sit on.  They are extremely comfortable.
The lighting is funky - they only kinda look
like that.

And they lay completely flat!
I'd sure love to get something like this for
Michael's dad while he is recovering.
And after that, for that matter.

Here are the other two.  They are smaller and comfy and
recline also.  I like how they don't overshadow the
fireplace.  Again, easy to put together.  :-)
Some pretty pillows will pull all of this together.
One day.

Back to the first two I showed you.  The lighting is weird here.
They are linen colored, just like the other set.
I still have some more stuff coming, but after I get the coffee table in place, I need to think about tables to go next to our chairs.  The one in between those chairs in the picture above was from the garbage!  Michael pulled it out of someone's trash when he was single and we have kept it ever since - even though it looks like garbage.  It isn't working very well anymore - the Roomba just about knocks it down - and she's gentle.  Well, we got our money's worth anyway.  :-)

Friday poured rain for quite a while.  I thought it was hilarious to see that for at least 20 minutes, one of the kitties sat starting at the rain with his/her ears back in annoyance.  lol!!!



Speaking of kitties, Kara plays with them all the time still.  They make her so happy.  Here is a cute video she took of herself playing with Shiloh.  These are the balls with bells in them that my mom bought them last year.  They are, by far, Shiloh's favorite toys.  Look at her chase them like a puppy playing fetch!  And listen to Kara giggle.  :-)


On Tuesday when Michael was out fishing, I asked Kara to watch a movie with me.  She is getting older and can watch more than just disney movies.  We are experimenting with PG movies and in certain situations, PG-13.  On Tuesday, I pulled out one of my all time favorite movies, and maybe my all time favorite story - Pride and Prejudice.  I have the version with Keira Knightly, which is my favorite version because of the music and the scenery.  Kara went from playing on her computer while it was on to putting her computer away and asking what was happening to crying at the end.  It is a wonderful story.  I plan to read it with her during high school.  She liked it so much we started watching it over again until Michael got home.  When he got home she felt like she had to be cool and called the movie dumb and said she didn't want to watch it anymore.

Then tonight (Saturday), after dinner, we decided to have a family movie night.  Michael and I (two computer nerds) LOVE the Matrix.  I remember seeing it in the theaters, then going multiple other times taking everyone I knew to see it because I knew they'd love it as much as I did.  I didn't even know Michael yet.  The second and third ones came out by the time Michael and I were together and we owned them all asap.  There is one scene that I skipped past, but she loved the movie!  Like, totally loved it.  Michael and I were quoting every word, so we said she is officially our kid if she loved it.  :-)

Today was the day for grocery shopping, laundry, lesson plans, and Roomba vacuumed for me.  (Vicky, if you're reading this, I'd love to buy you a Roomba.  I think you'd really like it.)

Well, back to lesson plans!

Comments

Vicky said…
I always read your posts. Don't always comment, but always read!
Question about the recliner...does it have several positions to recline or only flat?
The other thing you mentioned, is it a sweeper or something?