Kara's 8th birthday party, 2 weeks early

We celebrated Kara's birthday early to accommodate her vacationing friends, and her special day was spectacular.  :-)  First, here's the "cake."


Let me just say, this xanax filled momma is thinking cupcakes are the way to go from now on!  I loaded Kara's cupcake with 8 candles and placed 3 little wolves in between the other cupcakes.  Boom!  Wolf cake!  She was thrilled - there was an insane amount of chocolate frosting (made from scratch, of course) inside and on top of the cupcakes.  That's all she wanted!  No more 4 hours+ working on a cake for my child.  She feels my love and gets what she wants without killing myself.  That's a win-win, my friends.

Here's some pictures from the party:










What a great day!  Thank you mom for taking the pictures for me and all the work you did.  A party with all her friends is all the present she wants!  :-)

Happy birthday to my sweetie.  8 years old sounds SO old.  Where has the time gone?

Comments