Beginning of Summer

Well, even though it's not June 21st yet, summer is officially here.  Yesterday was 96 degrees and it only took 15 seconds of being outside to be completely drenched in sweat.  Lovely.  But, to look at it with a glass half full perspective, everything is in full bloom and so beautiful.  I love purple, but green is my absolute favorite color.  Everything is green and I just think it's glorious.  We have been swimming a bit (Kara more than me, of course) and just trying to keep cool.

Michael came home from work yesterday around 4:45 and said upstairs was way too hot and to please lower the A/C.  I keep the A/C at 74 degrees during the day and 71 overnight.  Even with fans strategically placed to blow the cool air upstairs and into our bedroom and with ceiling fans, it's at least 80 degrees up there.  Maybe you're a 120 pound person who never gets up to do laundry, cook dinner, or do anything, but I am none of those things and I'm always hot.  Not to mention Michael can't wear shorts to work, so long pants on a 96 degree day kept him super hot.  In the end, I turned the air conditioning down to 70 so upstairs would be somewhere around 75, which still wasn't ideal, but at least it was comfortable enough to sleep.  How do you keep your upstairs cool??

My next house will be a ranch.

Comments

Kattrina said…
We don't have an upstairs, but we are on the third floor. People I know who want their upstairs to be cool usually end up having to put a separate HVAC system specifically for the upstairs, with it's own thermostat and stuff. Or a window air conditioner. Otherwise I think everyone else is in your boat.
jeday0323 said…
Aw, that's depressing. Well, something to remember for that next house.
I am trying to talk Michael into just moving down to the basement for the summer (there's a whole apartment down there), but he says no. He likes his own bed (and not the one down there) and he likes his own bathroom.
Unknown said…
We have two heat pumps. One is for the upstairs and one is for the downstairs. We always have to keep upstairs set a lil cooler though.