Free Day

Today is Sunday.  Oh how I love Sundays.  I love worshiping at church, I love hearing my pastor preach, I love seeing my church family.  We sleep in and go to the 11:00 service (we don't have Sunday School).  Kara loves her friends, has asked Jesus into her heart, and enjoys worshiping and hearing her own sermon.  After church, we drop Kara off at my parents' house and have the afternoon to ourselves.  Usually we go on a date and play bridge with our friends.

But, today Michael is out of town on a charity fishing tournament so I have the afternoon to myself.  He has been gone since Wednesday, but will be home tonight.  In the mean time, the house is quiet and empty.  I have the curtains closed since it's such a warm day, I can hear the hum of the air conditioning and the soft, white noise of fans running.  The house is clean and I'm currently working on finishing some laundry.

It's quiet.  And I'm alone.  Don't get me wrong, I adore people and probably lean more toward being an extrovert than an introvert, but the quiet and alone is so nice today.

What would you do with a day to yourself?  Would you go for a walk?  Would you call some friends?  Would you catch up on chores?  Would you get a head start on cooking for the week?

I decided to wash everything in the house, including sheets and blankets, nurse my sunburn, and watch an old movie that takes place in the early 1800s.  And listen to the quiet.

Happy day of rest, my friends.

Comments

Kattrina said…
I don't even know what I'd do with a day all to myself!!! I haven't had one of those in a long time. I'd probably go for a run, read a book, watch some TV, and call some friends.

Glad you got in a bit of rest!!!