Is Everyone This Way?

As I plan my adventures for the summer (already did my west coast adventure, my European cruise is around the corner, and then we are going white water rafting in the Youghiogheny River later this summer), I wonder if everyone is like me.  I have this desire to explore, to go and see new things - especially nature related vs city related.  The idea of going for a hike and taking pictures of different plants and bugs is fascinating to me.  Taking the Caribbean cruise to a new level and going to Europe where we can see the Norwegian Fjords and amazing waterfalls thrills me.  Crossing the country to experience the redwoods and see the Olympic Peninsula is something I dream about for months.  White water rafting in a river that I'm guaranteed to be thrown from the boat sounds so exciting I want to do it twice during the week we're there.

Is everyone like this?  Does everyone want to go and see new things?  I don't have a restless spirit because I get to do these things, but maybe I would if I was stuck in a marriage with a husband who didn't want me spending money on these things.  Maybe I would if I was stuck in a full time job with no time off.  Maybe I would if public school prevented me from bringing Kara to these exciting places.

I have this slightly wild, adventurous spirit in me.  I loved zip lining, but wanted it to be faster, higher.  I love jet skiing and need to yell "woo hoo" while I test the limits of how fast this thing can go.  I miss riding my motorcycle so much that I dream of the day Kara can stay home alone so Michael and I can buy new bikes and ride and ride and ride.  I can't wait to go on the human water slide on vacation, and I secretly hope the waters are too high for Kara because that means it'll be super fast for me.  Does everyone have this inside them?

I am grateful God gave me the life to be able to embrace this spirit he gave me.  And I'm going to go and do these things.  Isn't this what I worked so hard for in high school?  Isn't this what I worked so hard in college for?  Isn't this what I worked so hard at WORK for?  Michael will be at my side for the things he wants to join me on.  Kara will be with me for the things that she can do.  And whatever they can't be there for, I will make arrangements and go do them myself.

Here's to a summer to remember for the rest of my life!

Comments