Tomorrow's the day

Tomorrow's the big day.  7 months ago I filled out one paper with our names on it and checked a box marked "home school", mailed it into the county, and we've been on our own ever since.  We've had an amazing support group, but I mean ZERO accountability from the county/state.  Every state is different, but Maryland meets with parents twice a year to evaluate their children's "portfolio" (which is basically like a scrapbook).  I've heard from other moms how sad it is - they don't care what you're learning or how far you've gotten, just that your children are learning SOMETHING.  Of course, I'm super enthusiastic about home school and my portfolio is pretty sweet, if I do say so myself.  I've heard I have nothing to worry about, but I can't help but be a little nervous since I've never been through one of these before and basically will be graded on whether I'm doing a good job or not.  I described this guy we're meeting with tomorrow as my "teacher boss".

Please pray that it goes well, and mostly that I'm not anxious about it!  :-)

Psst....wanna see some pictures of my portfolio?

I divide them according to each marking period.  (There are 6 in a year in the ABeka curriculum.)

The first page is the marking period's report card.

More report card and my lesson plans.

The subjects required from the county:  Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Art, Music, PE, Health.

I start the language arts section with her tests.

Then on to her worksheets

Next is spelling - lists with the tests

And cursive worksheets

Start Math with pictures of Kara

Then math tests

Then math worksheets

Next is science

Here's pictures from our field trip in the science section

More pictures from our field trip

Social Studies, beginning with Geography

Social studies - our worksheets

Art - pictures of projects we've done

Pictures of Art/Pottery classes

More Art projects

Our P.E. Log for this grading period

Health worksheets

Hoping it goes well tomorrow!

Comments