Organizing Kara's room...again

Today I spent the day organizing Kara's room....again.  Please understand, Kara is very good at cleaning up after herself and I'm not constantly picking up after her.  In fact, I very rarely pick up after her - she is old enough to do it herself.  TODAY was all about putting away the toys she got for Christmas.  I have put it off for so long, but after the renovation I have been in an organizing burn-out mode (if you can believe it).

I finally just couldn't stand it any more.  Here are the before and after pics.  :-)

You can see, Christmas morning I dumped everything at the foot of her bed.  But, then she couldn't get to anything to play with it.  And, she couldn't get to her desk.  I just kept piling stuff up until it became this monstrosity.


Now it looks like this:

 

Before:  (You can see the gerbil cage, even though we don't have one anymore.  And two Christmas trees, even though it's SO past Christmas.)


After:  Now she can sit at and use the desk.

 

Whoa!

Much better.  :-)


Where did all that stuff go?  Here are those pretty new tubs I got on sale at Target organized in her wardrobe.  Hopefully this way of storing legos will be better.


I'm happy, another room is clean and organized.  Next I have to do the office, then the basement, then start over again in my room......I love an organized house.  :-)

Comments