Lesson Plans

No way!  Do you remember the things I was unhappy with in my super long school recap a few posts ago?  (Don't be embarrassed, I know you didn't read the whole thing.)  :-)  Well, as I'm making lesson plans for next week I see:
  * We're done with special sounds.  Ah!  Yay!  We use them on tests, they're still great to know for pronunciation and spelling, but now we're getting into sentences, parts of speech, etc.  Yes!
  * We're starting vocabulary words along with spelling words.  Double yay!  I wish I had done this from the start.  :-)

The curriculum will be stepping back in our Phonics class since we officially know all of the special sounds.  Two days a week, the only lessons are, "Take Phonics test" and "Take Spelling test".  So, only 3 days of Phonics work a week.

Sooooo, what a great opportunity to fill it with something else!  We really haven't gotten too into the swing of spanish yet, so I think this is a good time to jump in.  We've done numbers up to 10, hello, goodbye, please, yes, no, friend, thank you, you're welcome, how are you.  Just a little introduction.  I'm ready to start that up.

I'm also considering teaching my mom Spanish.  I was so disappointed when I flipped through tv channels and saw those funny Spanish soap operas and I could barely understand what they were talking about.  Taking the time to translate in my head first just took way too long and I really miss being fluent.  So, I'm going to pray about it a bit, look into some high school Spanish books and see where we go with that.

Comments

Kattrina said…
I'd be willing to be a Spanish-language buddy. I wouldn't say I'm fluent by any means but I speak Spanish all day so I have to know something.
jeday0323 said…
Thank you Kattrina! I just might take you up on that - and not just because I can't wait to hold that sweet baby of yours. ;-)
Kattrina said…
You can hold my sweet baby anytime!