What a week!

I spent my week volunteering.  First thing Monday morning I counted the tithe at church, then I went straight to my sister's house to help her with her work (she doesn't have time to scan documents and file them, so my mom and I offered to help).  Monday I was tired and ordered dinner in from my favorite italian place that delivers.

Then Tuesday and Thursday, my mom and I spent hours cleaning out my friend's house.  (It's a REALLY long story, but things were BAD and she had to flee with her children.  Her husband is in rehab now, but their house won't be able to sell until it was cleaned a bit and the few belongings left behind were sorted through and donated.  I think we spent 6 hrs total.  Lots and lots of sweat working on that BIG project - all for a great cause.)  Needless to say, I did not want to cook for my family on Tuesday night (remember, my family all comes over Tuesday nights for dinner), so I ordered Chinese for everyone and it was a hit!  We may do that more often.

Wednesday was a day to spend recovering in the middle there.  I needed to catch up on chores and rest and I was able to have lunch with a friend.  I had leftover chinese Wednesday and Thursday for dinner, so I didn't cook.  Michael was on his own!  (He really doesn't mind - I'm kind of teasing here.)

Today is Friday and I spent the day sorting through the stuff I brought home from my friend's house.  (Some personal things I need to make sure they get, and some things were too nice to throw away!)  I got things like luggage, extension cords, Christmas lights, etc.  I didn't have to cook today either because Michael was off work and took me out to a nice lunch.  What a good man!!!

So, I'm wiped out.  But it was a wonderful week volunteering for others. 

Deuteronomy 16:16-17  
“No man should appear before the Lord empty-handed: Each of you must bring a gift in proportion to the way the Lord your God has blessed you.” 
 Giving should be done: freely (Mat 10:8), sacrificially (Luke 21:1-4), continuously (1Cor 16:2), willingly (2 Cor 8:1-7), generously and joyfully (2 Cor 9:6-15). More importantly, make certain your heart is right with God when giving back to Him and helping others. God desires to bless each one of us abundantly so we can be a blessing to others. Truly, blessings and rewards await a faithful, generous, joyful giver here on earth and in heaven.

I am blessed with time (and good health) and firmly believe in giving it back to God in a tithe by serving (above and beyond our financial giving).

Comments