Strong Enough

I love, love, love the new(ish) song I heard on Christian radio the other day.  It's by Matthew West and it's called Strong Enough.  I posted the lyrics below.

Last summer I did an amazing Bible study on the fruit of the Spirit where I learned to stop trying use my own love, joy, peace, patience, faithfulness, gentleness, kindness, self control.  I simply don't have enough.  While I may have more of one of those things than another, I just don't have enough.  And I will go crazy trying to feel like I should have it.  The study taught me not to use mine, but how to ask God to share His instead.  So, using joy as an example, sometimes I just don't have any joy, and other times I have a very good amount.  But when I need more, I just pray that He fills me with His joy so I can share it with others.  Not only that, but my joy is much more selfish - using God's joy, it's much more pure.  I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right.  The other day I had ZERO patience.  I just ran out and couldn't live another second of the day in a non-violent way without patience.  (I'm exaggerating, of course.  But I was at my wits end!)  I just prayed - Lord, give me your patience.  I don't have any, I need Yours.  Fill me up so I can be poured out.  Fill me with your patience.  And wouldn't you know, I was OVERFLOWING with patience.  And, it was a sweet, pure kind of patience only the Lord could feel.  (That's how I knew for sure it wasn't me!  lol!)

Anyway, this is a great song about not being strong enough and praying for God to be our strength.  I love this song!  I recommend looking it up on You Tube.  Here's the lyrics:

You must You must think I'm strong To give me what I'm going through
Well, forgive me Forgive me if I'm wrong But this looks like more than I can do On my own
I know I'm not strong enough to be everything that I'm supposed to be I give up I'm not stong enough Hands of mercy won't you cover me Lord right now I'm asking you to be Strong enough Strong enough For the both of us
Well, maybe Maybe that's the point To reach the point of giving up
Cause when I'm finally Finally at rock bottom Well, that's when I start looking up And reaching out
I know I'm not strong enough to be Everything that I'm supposed to be I give up I'm not stong enough Hands of mercy won't you cover me [ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/strong-enough-lyrics-matthew-west.html ] Lord right now I'm asking you to be Strong enough Strong enough
Cause I'm broken Down to nothing But I'm still holding on to the one thing You are God and you are strong When I am weak
I can do all things Through Christ who gives me strength And I don't have to be Strong enough Strong enough
I can do all things Through Christ who gives me strength And I don't have to be Strong enough Strong enough
Oh, yeah
I know I'm not strong enough to be Everything that I'm supposed to be I give up I'm not stong enough Hands of mercy won't you cover me Lord right now I'm asking you to be Strong enough Strong enough Strong enough


Comments