New Recipe

There was a 2 hour delay for schools today, which means Kara's morning, half day preschool was canceled. That's always fun on a Friday - three day weekend! :-) We stayed busy all day. Kara played and played while I worked just about all day - laundry, sweep, vacuum, etc. We even took time to play with Max together, play on our new white board together, and talk to Mamaw on the phone.


Here's a picture of the leftovers, not as gorgeous as the fresh stuff in gravy.

When Michael got home around 3 and was already asking about dinner I knew I couldn't make him settle for frozen pizza. He must be hungry! The recipe I invented was so good, I have to share:
onion
mushroom
carrot
parsnip
garlic
thyme
bay leaves
dark meat chicken
Cook all that in some EVOO and some butter with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over the top after everything is fully cooked and stir so flour cooks a few seconds (like 10 seconds). Put in a splash of red wine to deglaze the pan, then chicken stock to make a gravy. Add a bit of pesto and a tbsp of cream cheese. Finally, add cooked fettucini to the whole thing. YUM!!!

The true test - did Michael like it? There were no mashed potatoes, there was no red meat, but there were rolls. Drum roll please.....he did like it!! I made sure to blog about it so I could remember the recipe for later. These invented things (only done because I opened the fridge and spice cabinet and added whatever I saw) tend to be difficult to replicate.

Try it - I hope you like it!

Comments

Vicky said…
This sounds really good! Looks really good, too!