Christmas cards

Yesterday I made 8 batches of cookies while my mom took Kara shopping. I love those win-win situations where everyone is happy. A happy, functional family is very nice. :-) My favorite cookie so far: peanut butter cookies with snickers bars inside them. Yeah, whoever invented those are genius.

After that my friend came over so we could do Christmas cards together. She was my best friend in middle school when we lived in England. I think it's so cool she lives near here. When we were having slumber parties when we were 11, I never imagined we'd be doing our Christmas cards together in my house one day when I would be 30. She still as awesome as I remember and I enjoy her company so much. I remember we used to eat lunch together every day. We lived on a teeny tiny air force base, so we were allowed to go home for lunch if our parents gave permission, so we would switch off going to her house one day and mine the next. I remember she was the one who first introduced me to tetris. Her Dad had a new Gateway computer with two player tetris on there - so much fun. I still love tetris to this day. I also remember listening to Madonna with her in her room. She was smart, a bit sarcastic (my favorite kind of humor), a good friend, and really fun to be around. I'm happy to report she's still that way and I'm glad she's back in my life. And it certainly made Christmas cards even more enjoyable - doing them with a friend was so much fun!

Now it's Friday and Kara and I are going on a field trip to another school to see a Christmas variety show. The best part - every kid needs a mommy/chaperone, so it'll be just Kara and I for the most part. :-)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
good friends are hard to come by but when you find them and keep them it's awesome!!
Kattrina said…
You are too nice Jessica! I think I jabbered too much - I didn't nearly as many cards done as you did. The cookies were delicious though. Oh, and it's "tooling" around, just in case you ever want to say that in your Christmas card and can't figure out how to spell it.
Vicky said…
So glad you had a good time with your friend! It is wonderful that the LORD brought you back together! What an Awesome God we have!