Welcome Home

Today my parents came home from Myrtle Beach. I thought the last thing my mom would want to do after being away for a week and traveling all day was cook dinner. So, I offered to make something homey. I remembered my Dad loves grilled cheese and tomato soup. So, I made his favorite dinner rolls (from scratch), converted them to a grilled cheese, and found a great recipe for tomato soup. While I was cooking and planning, I thought I should make my Dad's favorite cookies - oatmeal. Then I thought blueberry muffins from scratch for breakfast would be nice too. So, add in fresh milk and cream for coffee, and a nice bouquet of flowers and they are officially welcomed home!

Now I'm exhausted and wanted to go to bed at 5:30. Somehow I managed to stay up until 10. Good night all and welcome home Mom and Dad. Tomorrow is my favorite day of the week - Sunday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
YOU are such an awesome daughter!!
Vicky said…
Treat them like royalty while you still have them! You are so blessed to be able to live near them! One of the hard parts about being in the ministry is the move away from family! But the rewards are outta this world! :D