Hospital Memories

On Wednesday I went to visit my friend who just had a baby. She had her baby in the same hospital I had Kara, so I knew the way to the hospital, where to park, and how to get to the maternity ward. As I went upstairs, I passed by the NICU and saw where you scrub your hands to go into the sterile-like environment. I lost it. I tried to hold it in, but I was crying as I walked down the hallway. That was the same NICU Kara was in for a week and the same place they did NOT try to reassure me she would be okay and they explained to me she was a very sick little girl. It is ALSO the same room where the Lord healed her and where I dressed her in the pretty purple dress I could bring her home in.

As I walked down the familiar hall, I got closer to my friend's room and I realized she was in the EXACT same room I was in!! How funny is that!! I walked in to the room, that I remember being a lot bigger, and the memories came back. That was the room where the pediatrician rushed in with many wavers for me to sign so they could do horrible things to my newborn baby to see what was wrong with her. The same room where they told me twice "this is very serious and you should prepare yourself." The same room where Kara never laid in one of those little plastic portable cribs the hospital has. The same room where I FLIPPED OUT and prayed begging God to please let me have the baby I waited a year to conceive, and 9 HORRIBLE sick months to carry. Please, please let me keep her. My sweet Jesus answered those prayers and now my baby girl is healthy, tall, strong, smart, and absolutely lovely.

God is so good!!!!

Comments

Kattrina said…
I'm so glad Kara's alright and so strong and healthy today. I didn't realize she was so sick when she was born - that's so tough for any mom to go through.
Elisabeth said…
God is very good! =)
jessicaday said…
Thanks Kattrina. Yep, it was a rough week, but God saw fit to work it all out (heart problems) and she is 100% healthy now. It's an absolute miracle.
Liz, I know you know how I feel - you went through the same thing. Praise God for our strong babies!
Vicky said…
I do NOT remember the heart problems! I only remember that she ingested some of her bowel movement! WOW! God IS GOOD!